Anyone can publish content on the internet, how can you tell what counts as a reliable academic source? Consider the following criteria:
- Accuracy: Can you verify the facts provided on this site? Is a methodology stated?
- Authenticity: Consider the author’s credentials. Is it academic discussion? Who owns the site?
- Objectivity: Are arguments presented fairly? Is the information biased in its presentation?
- Coverage: Is adequate detail provided? Is the information too basic, too complex or irrelevant?
- Currency: Is the information time sensitive? When was this website last updated?